Because trucks often crash into the wall of Gothic Construction’s head office site, located on the corner of William Nicol and Kingfisher, they decided to replace the brick wall with an architectural gabion wall.
This wall, installed by Petron Engineering’s Mr Ronnie Dagnin, is made up of 22 separate sections so that only the affected section would need to be repaired if a truck was to drive into the wall again – this would reduce the overall repair cost.
Apart from the implied cost efficiency, this structure also adds an aesthetic appeal to the intersection, attracting a lot of admiration from passers-by!
Width: Varies between 1.5 and 1.6m
- IMIESA March 2019 12th Apr 2019
- Civil Engineering March 2018 31st Mar 2018
- IMIESA March 2018 Gabions 31st Mar 2018
- IMIESA January 2018 Gabions 31st Jan 2018
- Gabion Baskets Closing Times 14th Dec 2017
- IMEISA October 2017 Gabions 31st Oct 2017
- IMIESA August 2017 Gabions 31st Aug 2017
- IMIESA July 2017 Gabions 31st Jul 2017
- IMIESA May 2017 Gabions 31st May 2017
- Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town Flood Damage Protection Solutions. (Using Gabions) 13th Feb 2017